The fall season is a great time to give your rental property some much-needed attention. You’ll want to make sure that the home’s exterior and interior are ready for potential new tenants as well as any possible damages that may come from occasional extreme weather. This blog post will provide you with tips on how to prepare your property for the upcoming fall season so you can be confident in its safety and appearance when it comes time to rent out again.
- Clean your windows – inside and out. To clean your windows, use a squeegee to remove the dirt and then wipe them with a lint-free cloth.
- Check for any broken or loose screens on windows and doors. Replace anything that you find damaged.
- Inspect the gutters, making sure they are not clogged up with leaves and debris. You will want to do this more than once during the fall season.
- Trim back overgrown bushes or trees that might be blocking your view of the street. Potential tenants will have a better view from the street when viewing your property.
- Replace all light bulbs in outdoor fixtures to make sure you have enough light when it gets dark outside. Think about taking your potential tenants inside with good lighting in place.
- Check for any leaks or water damage on your property. It’s important to make sure there are no leaks that can damage your property as winter approaches.
In preparation for the coming fall season, you may want to take some time to prepare your rental property. Fall is a busy time of year and it’s important that all systems are in good working order before new tenants arrive. It might be tempting to put off maintenance but this will only lead to more expensive problems in the future.
Sound Point Property Management can schedule all your fall season maintenance for you! We offer an excellent set of services designed specifically with property owners in mind. Contact us today if you need help managing your Seattle rental property or any other real estate investment properties in the greater Seattle area.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!