Bloomberg news is reporting this week that Seattle is experiencing a slowdown in the rental market. Perhaps you have a Seattle investment property that was recently vacated and you’re unsure what you need to do to make your rental property stand out in a crowded field. Here are a few tips that can make a difference for you:
- Focus on the advantages of your property. Is it in a good school district? A great walk-able neighborhood? Do you have green appliances? A garage or pool? Focus on things that will make your property stand out.
- Don’t just list the property features in a mundane way on your rental listings. Really sell your property. Use stand out photos. Get professional shots if possible.
- Do you take pets? If so, make sure you are highlighting this to attract animal lovers.
- Hire a copywriter for your advertisement. A local business group would be a good place to find someone to make your offering stand out in a flooded market.
- Offer an incentive or two if you can. A reduced month’s rent or perhaps a free TV. Something that will get their attention.
If these suggestions seems like a daunting task for you, Sound Point Property Management would love to help. We know the ins and outs of Seattle rental management. Sound Point Property Management can promote and manage your properties during the most competitive markets. Contact us today!
Read the article: Bloomberg – Rental Glut Sends Chill Through the Hottest U.S. Housing Markets