We are nearing a month of the Washington State Stay Home, Stay Healthy order and the good news is that our curve has flattened. The bad news is that there is no guarantee this order will be lifted on May 5th as planned.
The best thing you can do right now is to stay educated on the status of the virus spread and the laws that may affect your rental property and your tenants.
Here are some great resources of information to refer to during this trying time:
FOR YOU AS A PROPERTY OWNER
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC): Coronavirus Preparedness for Apartment Firms: https://www.nmhc.org/research-insight/analysis-and-guidance/emergency-preparedness/coronavirus-resources-for-apartment-firms/
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) is offering this downloadable, printable located here- Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers: https://www.irem.org/learning/coronavirus
- Building Owners and Managers Association International Coronavirus Resource Center: https://www.boma.org/coronavirus
- Seattle Resources for Landlords: https://www.seattle.gov/rentinginseattle/housing-providers/resources-for-landlords
- Help and Assistance for Washington Homeowners: https://dfi.wa.gov/homeownership
FOR YOUR TENANTS
- Resources for Seattle Renters: https://www.seattle.gov/rentinginseattle
- United Way of King County – Get Help with April Rent: https://www.uwkc.org/renthelp/
- United Way of King County – COVID-19 Resources: https://www.uwkc.org/need-help/covid-19-resources/
- Seattle Times Coronavirus News: https://www.seattletimes.com/tag/coronavirus/
- King County Public Health: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases/disease-control/novel-coronavirus.aspx
- John Hopkins COVID-19 Resource Guide: https://browse.welch.jhmi.edu/covid-19
As our situation continues, it also changes at a fast pace. Make sure you are keeping up with the latest news and information for your safety and the safety of those around you.
If we can help you manage your property in any way, please reach out. We’d love to start a conversation.